- These are 90 minute sessions.
- Symposia provide an opportunity to examine specific research issues, problems or topics from a variety of perspectives.
- Symposia should have a common theme and have time devoted to interaction either through a panel discussion or with audience interaction.
- Each oral presentation will be 30 minutes (20-25 minutes in length with a 5-minute Q and A at the end of the presentation).
- Poster presentations will be grouped according to themes.
- There are specific times set aside during the program for poster presentations.
- During that time, Poster Presenters need to be at their poster.
- Maximum poster size is 44” high x 72” wide.
- Poster Presenters must bring their own push pins or Velcro for attaching to the cloth.
- Each workshop will be 60 minutes and requires a highly interactive component (at least 30 minutes of the workshop will be interactive).
- Discussion groups are facilitated 45 minute sessions that provide opportunities for participants to discuss a topic of common interest.
- Facilitators should be prepared to initiate the discussion and facilitate interactive group conversation.
- There should be no more than 15 minutes of formal presentation.